Collection events are being held around New Zealand during the amnesty and is the preferred way for people to hand in their newly prohibited firearms and parts.
Safety is very important – before coming to a collection event, remember to clear firearms of all ammunition and place firearms and parts in a safe carry bag, such as a firearms bag, or a nondescript cover.
When you come to a collection event, please bring the following with you:
- Your online notification reference number (if you have notified online already)
- Your firearms licence (if applicable)
- Your bank account number
- Photo identification (drivers licence or passport)
- All your prohibited firearms and parts, cleared of all ammunition
- Any other firearm/s or parts you wish to hand-in to Police for destruction
Please see our FAQs on collection events for further information.